Every Thursday night, I go to this hip-hop class that my cousin recommended. It's totally silly, not very strenuous and I have a great time! We dance to this song that sounds a lot like Fergie, but I can't tell if it's Fergie or not. At the end of the class, the teacher (tiny little girl with a long, permed ponytail---you can see her set the music and then bound to the front) separates us into two halves and everyone ALWAYS breaks out their phones and cameras and films the other half. I got some girl to film this for me. You can see me in the back there.
I just watched it again. This is hilarious. I wonder if the other girls in this video would slaughter me if they knew I put this up on YouTube. Look at the teacher in the front. She's so good!
Friday, June 26, 2009
My Taipei hip-hop class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As all of you know, China (and more specifically, Taiwan) is a big part of my heritage. My mother was born in China but raised in Taipei, Taiwan. (FYI, my father was born in Philadelphia but raised in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. So kind of the same.) All of my mother's immediate family still resides in Taipei: my grandparents, my aunt, my uncle, their children and their children's children. I'm going to Taipei this summer for seven full weeks (from May 28-July 15) to live with them, become familiar with their Taiwan lifestyle and finally learn to speak some Mandarin.
This dance looked like a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete