
*This is not me.
Clearly I have my priorities down. I got a haircut yesterday. My cousin took me to a salon where my hair was washed for a solid twenty minutes because it was so sweaty and greasy and I flipped through magazines of tiny Asian models with beehive blonde hair. Finally, I selected the haircut that I wanted and it was given to me (in exchange for NT $500, which is less than $20! Ha: take that, America).
I'm obsessed with it.



My cousin also asked me: "Do you want to change the color of your hair? It is very popular here." Hmm...maybe next salon visit...
As all of you know, China (and more specifically, Taiwan) is a big part of my heritage. My mother was born in China but raised in Taipei, Taiwan. (FYI, my father was born in Philadelphia but raised in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. So kind of the same.) All of my mother's immediate family still resides in Taipei: my grandparents, my aunt, my uncle, their children and their children's children. I'm going to Taipei this summer for seven full weeks (from May 28-July 15) to live with them, become familiar with their Taiwan lifestyle and finally learn to speak some Mandarin.
Kim. Nice haircut. I got a similar one, so we'll match which is nice. Also, NO FACEBOOK?! How am I suppose to send you application invites?
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Andrew F.
FACEBOOK DISABLED ME!!! I sent them an email! They better give it back...
ReplyDeleteMissing you! Cant wait to take matching haircut pix :)